Sunday, November 27, 2011

Juice Fast Day 1!

After watching and becoming inspired by the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". I have decided to start my own weight loss journey. To those who are not familiar with the documentary, here is a link to Joe's website http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/. After researching multiple fasting/juicing methods for weight loss, I have decided to follow in his path. Like Joe, I have a medical condition that has added to my weight gain, PCOS. PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This condition has mostly effected my menstrual cycle, in that, I will have prolonged episodes of menstrual bleeding that last anywhere from two months to five months. Five years ago, I had to be hospitalized due to a substantial loss of blood.I spent three days there, and had to receive two blood transfusions. After seeing multiple doctors their only suggestion to the problem was weight loss and birth control medication. Being as young as I was, they were never concerned with the fertility issues that are also associated with the condition. Now, as a married woman these issues are of more importance because one day my Husband and I want to start a family. The light at the end of the tunnel? A high percentage of women eventually DO conceive! Depending on how severe their condition is, women have a very high likely hood of conceiving naturally or with assistance of fertility treatments/medication. Surprisingly, 85% of women with this condition don't even know they have it! Now, with this diagnosis I can make the right steps to make ME healthy so that I can start a healthy family. It's the end of day 1!! And, I am already feeling the effects: extreme hunger, fatigue, irritability, cravings!! (no more watching cooking shows! especially Diners, Drive - ins and Dives!) I will be taking it each day at a time and documenting my process through it all. There are tons of websites online for juicing recipes, this was Joe's standard "go to" juice "The Mean Green"! :) I will be posting my own recipes as I go along but, for today this is what I have been drinking.

Starting Weight: 311.2 (Gah! Did I really just publicly reveal my weight?) Ugh....

Mean Green Juice (original) = YUM!

This is the official recipe used by Joe Cross and Phil Staples according to the Reboot Program.

6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
4 Celery Stalks
2 Green Apples
1/2 Lemon
1 piece of ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment