Monday, November 28, 2011

Juice Fast Day 2!


So, day 2 didn't start out well but, it ended well! I woke up with a throbbing headache this morning in the back right of my head that radiated/throbbed into my neck. After two Tylenol that didn't even touch it, I gave in and took two Excedrin. I am prone to migraines so I figured I better nip it in the bud before it gets even worse. Headaches along with other symptoms are the beginning side effects of a fast. This is a great website to get an idea of what to expect during a fast through various stages - http://www.juicefasting.org/detox.htm Very informative! Along with the headache, I have had increased urination! I'm almost to the point of inserting my own frigging foley! It all comes with this bloody detoxification process! I'm gonna suck it up and get over it! Most of my juicing today consisted of a concoction my Husband made. It consisted of watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, cucumber, green apple, spinach and ginger. I found it to be TOO sweet, almost sickly sweet! So, we put it into the blender with a banana which really toned it down and it became quite yum! My favorite juice I made for the day was actually very simple but very good! It had just the right amount of tart and sweet.

Berry Simple Juice
1 Pint Raspberries
1 Large Ambrosia Apple



It made two 8 ounce cups of juice (with ice added). Surprisingly, today I didn't have the same extreme level of cravings that I incurred yesterday. Also, I didn't feel as hungry through out the day. I still feel the same level of fatigue, however. Towards the end of the night tho, I was sitting on the couch and had a complete head rush, almost like I was going to pass out. I think I tried to do too much today, and I more than likely didn't consume enough water. I am probably treading a fine line to dehydration.Tomorrow I will be guzzling the H2O! Day 3 tomorrow! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment